Saturday, December 29, 2007

The (Silent) Leak


All is not lost! In a previous post I mentioned my dismay at this album not being released as planned; it still wasn't released with the fanfare that I expected, but it still came...sometimes thats the best you can hope for! So here it is...the 5 song precursor to the highly anticipated February release of Weezy's Carter III. Yours truly produced #3 "KUSH."

Would you all believe that the track for that song was the FIRST sample beat I made on my old DIGI 001 PTLE system?? I chopped up an old 'soul singer' sample in the program and loaded all of the drums individually on grid as WAV files, I didnt use any external sequencer or drum machine for this...Its funny to think that as many producers spend there whole careers trying to keep up with technology and stay 'current' with their sounds and styles, my 'biggest' release of 2007 is an unorthodoxly-produced throwback from my college days.

The song 'KUSH' and the 4 other tracks that comprise the "LIL WAYNE APPROVED: THE LEAK ALBUM" are available for digital purchase on Itunes, Amazon, and Rhapsody. Hit up any of those sites to pick up a copy and support ya boy!

Check out the 'full' story on...


Read about it on...

The (Silent) Leak

8 comments:

  1. im bout to cop it right now! good lookin cuz

    ReplyDelete
  2. doin it way big dude...futureproducers stnd up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm right behind you dog. Keep up the good work. FP got ya back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man u are talentid...how u meet weezy?...he da best alive

    ReplyDelete
  5. its a timeless beat man, wayne compliments it nicely tho

    ReplyDelete
  6. dat nigga weezy only moved 2500 units of this shit, dat nigga trash, but yo beats bang

    ReplyDelete